Physical Therapy, as defined by the APTA as follows:
* The examination of impairments, functional limitations and disabilities or other health related conditions in order to determine a diagnosis, prognosis and treatment.
* Alleviating impairment and functional limitation by designing and implementing individual therapeutic procedures
* Prevention of injury, impairment, functional limitation and disability including the promotion and maintenance of fitness, health and quality of health in all ages of life.
* Engaging in consultation, education and research.
* Member of Vestibular Disorders Association - VEDA .
The physical therapy profession has kept pace with rapid advances in science and technology to provide the most effective patient treatment possible. A PT is specially trained in the examination and treatment of musculoskeletal and neuromuscular problems that effect ones abilities to move and function as well as they can in their daily lives.